The United Arab Emirates has increased its 96-hour transit visa fee from Dirhams 148.93 (Rs 3,323) to Dirhams 218.78 (Rs 4,882.62).
The details are not yet listed on the immigration authority’s website, however, visa outsourcing firm VFS has confirmed the changes in the visa fee.
In their notice, VFS Global issued a statement warning applicants of the new changes. “Kindly note that the fee for the 96-hour emergency visa has been changed/increased by the Emirates Immigration Department.
UAE has also increased its price for express transit visa fees to Dirham 307.22 (Rs 6,856.39). The UAE transit visa is valid for 30 days with a stay of 96 hours from the time of entry into the country.
Visa fees (without deposit)
VISA TYPE VISA FEES
96 HOURS TRANSIT VISA $55.52
EXPRESS 96-HOUR VISA $75.92
Visa fees (with deposit)
VISA TYPE VISA FEES
96 HOURS TRANSIT VISA $338.96
EXPRESS 96-HOUR VISA $359.46
- The visa category is automatically chosen by the system based on details entered at the time of application.
- The visa fee is then calculated by the system automatically based on the category of visa and the client’s Country of Residence.
- The visa fee once paid remains non-refundable.
- In case of cancellation of requests, charges are applicable per cancellation request.
The supporting documentation that must be submitted by an applicant is:
- Passport Front Page: The passport bio page must be coloured. Passports should be valid for a minimum of six months on the date of travel.
- Passport Last Page: Certain nationalities have important information on the last page of their passport e.g. India. If your nationality does not have any information on the last page you can attach the first page only. Black and White copies will not be accepted.
- Photograph: Each applicant needs to submit a clear colour photograph. Black and White photographs will not be accepted.
- Proof of Residence: This will only be applicable if the client’s Present Nationality and present Country of Permanent Residency is not the same.
- Additional Documents for Residents of certain countries: This is only applicable to residents of certain countries when the applicant has to submit along with their mandatory documents any one of the following: A valid visa for or evidence of travel to any of the following countries in the last 5 years:
- Schengen Countries
- New Zealand
The time to process the visa normally takes around 3-4 working days.
Visa validity is 30 days from the date of issue and the duration of stay is limited to 96 hours from the time of entry.